I run MySQL and I have 7 schemas, 6 of the 7 schemas are MyISAM.
In one of my schemas I have 20 tables that are InnoDB, the rest are MyISAM.
I really want to convert those 20 tables over to file_per_table.
I read some old documentation on how to do this, but I'm wondering if this approach will work.
- Export the foreign keys off the 20 tables.
- Drop the foreign keys.
- Convert the tables to MyISAM.
- Stop MySQL.
- Change the my.cnf/ini to put MySQL in innodb_file_per_table mode.
- Delete the idbdata files.
- Start MySQL.
- Switch those tables back to InnoDB (which should be in file mode now).
- Re-apply the foreign keys.
Am I missing any steps? Or am I making a mistake somewhere?