We are facing an issue with the Log Drive (E:) getting filled up frequently.
Our DBMS is SQL Server 2014 SP1 with AOAGs set up.
We have weekly maintenance tasks:
- Rebuild Indexes (Runs close to 1 Hour)
- Update Statistics (Runs Cloe to 30 Minutes)
- Check DB runs close to 30 minutes
- Full Backup runs close to 4 Hours
- Differential runs close to 2 Hours
We are not seeing any heavy transaction processing.
But we can see E: getting filled up.
Below are the Auto-Growth Settings:
- 10% Growth with unlimited.
Note: Every 30 minutes we have transaction log backup scheduled as this is AOAG environment.
In this case, what is making the E: getting filled up?
Why is my Log not getting truncated?
Do we need to expand E: in this case?
What should be the action plan to get my log truncated?
As of now we are shrinking file now and then to free up space before we decide next plan of expanding drive.