The question is basically in the title already. At first I thought about a one-liner but maybe a short script is fine as well.
The command or script is meant to initiate all updating on the actual data that is required when stepping up to the next or a specified major release of mariadb.
- Let's assume we are on an up-to-date Ubuntu 22.04 system
- The mariaddb container is part of some service that was brought up via docker-compose
- the official mariadb image from https://hub.docker.com/_/mariadb is used
- We are in the folder ($PWD) of the corresponding docker-compose.yaml file
- The mariadb container and data is currently on 10.5.? and it should finally upgrade to 10.10.2 for instance, may it be directly or step-by-step.
- the data are actually stored on a mapped volume (alternatively in a named volume)