I had exactly the same issue and found a workaround by specifying a combination of Windows/Linux path for the full text files in the restore database files as options. E.g. instead of the configured default "/SQLServerData/catalogname", I changed it to "C:\SQLServerData/catalogname" and then it was happy.
When trying to connect via pgadminIII i am prompted for a password when using the same user name.
pgAdminIII is probably connecting over TCP (as opposed to unix domain sockets) and so is subject to the rules of a 'host*' line from pg_hba.conf, rather than a 'local' line. If that line says a password is needed, then it will ask for a password--even if no ...
I spent hours trying to understand the suggestions on this page and many other pages of StackOverflow.
No matter how I changed the permissions in MySql, I couldn't get anything to work.
I reverted back to the permissions I started with.
Ultimately what worked for me was simpler than others' suggestions:
echo "select id, emailAddress FROM contacts" | ...
Check the .err log file which will often be in your datadir which in your case appears to be /var/lib/mysql/, although sometimes the error log is under /var/log/. The error log file should hopefully have some good clues as to why the MariaDB server won't start up.
You can also have a look in your MariaDB config file which appears to be /etc/my.cnf and see ...